For the past week I’ve been going through a bit of a rough patch in the knitting department. Maybe it’s the result of having too many works in progress. Or maybe I’ve just been too preoccupied with high school graduation festivities.
Last Friday I felt the need for a quick knit. I’ve had Alana Dakos’ “Seedling” pattern for months – and the yarn she recommends to knit it with! So I cast on Friday. Did I do a a gauge swatch?? Why no, I did not! I did use a size 5 needles – the pattern calls for a 6. I made great progress on it. But by Sunday something really seemed amiss. I tried it on as best I could and it was HUGE!!! So it got frogged, and I’m not sure when I’ll restart it. But I will do a gauge swatch first!!
I do have to say I love love love the yarn. It’s from the Fibre Company – canopy worsted in conifer. SOO beautiful and knits up like a dream.
I’ll also give a shout out to the Loopy Ewe!! What fast and fabulous service!! And an amazing selection of yarns. I’m going to do a Mystery Shawl KAL with Wendy Knits and purchased some Madelintosh fingering weight yarn in Georgia O’Keefe from the Loopy Ewe. Behold:
Lovely! I know. I know. I do not need another project going right now. BUT, this seems like so much fun! I’ve never done a KAL before. I do enjoy Wendy’s blog – particularly the pictures of her cat Lucy! I had wanted to do Camp Loopy this summer, but some realism did set in. IF I quit my job (and I wouldn’t want to see my husband’s reaction to that announcement) – then MAYBE I’d have time to do all the knitting I want to!!
After the Seedling fiasco, I pulled out the Color Affection. It is nice to just sit and knit, knit, knit. However, after about 4 rows, I noticed that I had not knit, knit, knit one row, but purl, purl, purled it. So in the midst of all that garter glory — there is a section of stockinette. How on earth did I do this? I ripped out part of this shawl for a hole, but I don’t know if I’ve got it in my to rip it again. Maybe that will be my modification!!
So I couldn’t bear to look at the Color Affection last night, so I went back to the project I really need to be working on – the blanket for Anna. The odd thing is that the three blocks I’ve completed so far are all differing widths. I know I can fix that with blocking, but decided to start knitting the blocks all together in 5 long strips. And with the patterns I’m using for the blocks, it’s going to end up vaguely like the Patchwork Sampler Throw pattern I got from Lion Brand. I need patterns that are easy and fast. So again, I’ve got my own modifications going here. Will post pictures soon.
Still working on “East of Eden.”